Students will be placed in levels according to their age and ability. Please contact the studio to arrange for your student to take a free placement class. Placement is at the discretion of the faculty and the approval of the Artistic Director.
All students are expected to wear their class attire for every class. Dancewear can be purchased from Definitely Dance in Exton (http://www.definitelydance.com/).
- Children’s Division: SoDanca leotard D-6500 in pink, Eurotard tights 215-C in theatrical pink and SoDanca ballet shoes SD-55 in pink.
- Elementary: SoDanca leotard D-3670 in white, white ankle socks, SoDanca ballet shoes, BA-14 in white. Hair must be in a neat bun with SoDanca hair net V-2675 in white.
- Intermediate: SoDanca leotard D-374 (child) in marine blue (412) or D-2828 (adult) in marine blue (412), Eurotard tights 210-C (child) or 210 (adult) in theatrical pink, Eurotard wrap skirt 10362 in black, SoDanca ballet shoes SD-11 in light pink. SoDanca hair net V2675 in blue.
- Advanced: SoDanca leotard D-4670 in black, Eurotard tights 210 (adult) in theatrical pink, Eurotard wrap skirt 10362 in black, Sodanca ballet shoes SD-16 in light pink. Nude hairnet.
- Boys, Ages 3-10: Sodanca dance shorts D-3503 in black, Eurotard 44100C fitted white tee shirt, white ankle socks, Sodanca ballet shoes BA-14 in white
- Boys, Ages 11+: SoDanca D-301 white fitted t-shirt, M. Stevens black tights or Eurotard D-4503 dance shorts, white ankle socks, Eurotard ballet shoes BA-14 in white and dance belt.
Character (Aspiring Dancer Program)
- Girls: Character shoe – SoDanca R042 in black, character skirt – Eurotard 13774 Black (M-21”).
- Boys: Jazz shoe – SoDanca JZ-10 in black and black jazz pants
- Girls: may wear any colored leotard and tights. Hair must be in a bun.
- Boys: may wear any colored solid t-shirt and compression shorts or dance tights.
For obvious safety reasons, no dangling earrings, watches, bracelets, necklaces in any of the classes.
Adults are asked to wear a leotard and tights OR leggings and close-fitting tee shirt. Ballet slippers are a must!
Regular attendance is important for the learning process. Students are expected to take every class that they are enrolled in and arrive 5-10 minutes early to get ready for class. It is very important to be on time for proper warm-up and stretching. Students consistently late or skipping class may be prone to injuries. Depending on the class and the instructor’s decision, students may not be admitted to class if more than ten minutes late.
Students should not enter the class in the middle of a combination. Please wait until the music has ended before entering the studio.
We offer continual observation of classes via our live studio stream in the family lounge. Any specific questions a parent has about a student should be discussed in private with the instructor. Please make an appointment at the front desk for a convenient time to meet with your student’s teacher.
Makeup Classes & Refunds
Tuition is non-refundable with the exception of serious illness/injury.Students with a physical injury are expected to attend all classes to observe and take notes. In the event of a prolonged illness or injury, a doctor’s notice is required within ten days. A refund will only be made if a request is received in writing, with documentation from a physician within 10 days (ten) of a child’s illness/injury. A refund may be granted or pro-rated for classes missed from the date the written request is received. No refunds are given for missed classes. Registration fees, costume fees, and performance fees are non-refundable.
Please Note: Notification to the instructor, or a request over the phone do not constitute an official request. You will continue to be billed until a written request is received.
There is a $25 non-refundable fee due at the time of registration. Registration is per student, per year. Payment can be made in one or four installments. Payment in full will include a 5% discount. Mommy & Me and Open Classes are not eligible for the discount.
All payments are due on or before the due dates listed below. If payments are not received by the due date, the student will not be permitted into class. Tuition is based on the program level in which the student is enrolled. . Adagio class (partnering class) is included in the tuition. It is considered part of the curriculum. The Winter and Spring Performances are not included in tuition. This year, it will be an additional fee.
- 1st Payment: September 6, 2016
- 2nd Payment: November 14, 2016
- 3rd Payment: January 23, 2017
- 4th Payment: April 3, 2017
Full year: Tuition will be paid in full at the time of Registration. If paid in full, you will receive 5% off tuition total.
The highest tuition is paid in full, then each additional child’s tuition will receive a 10% discount.
Payments can be made directly through our tuition portal. If payment is not made in full, you will receive a reminder email. A check can be dropped off at the front desk, if you prefer. If the credit card or check used for payment is not accepted by the bank, there will be a $50 fee and payment will be expected in full before the student returns to class.
Students are expected to be on time, be respectful to their instructors, their pianist and each other. They are expected to focus on their work during class and have a positive attitude. Disrupting classes is not only rude to the instructor, it interferes with proper learning for everyone in class and may cause injuries. If any student is disrupting class in any way, there will be a verbal warning, followed by asking the student to leave the class and having a meeting with the parents. If behavior persists, the student may be asked to leave the studio.
HBA parents are asked to:
- Observe an appropriate noise level in the family lounge.
- Keep the family lounge and family restroom tidy.
- Supervising all children in the lounge and family restroom at all times.
- Please pick up dancers on time upon completion of classes. Should you be running late, please notify the studio immediately to make arrangements.
- Please be sure your children obey attire and hair policies.
Thank you in advance for following these studio policies and being part of the HBA family.